Supporting LGBTQA youth through advocacy, education, leadership & social opportunities.
MN Q Youth offers support, referrals, resources, training and connections about and for LGBTQA (lesbian, gay, bisexual,transgender, questioning, and ally) youth – who are or have experienced abuse or mistreatment – and for their families, caregivers, professional and others who care about them.
The program provides:
- Customized training for professionals, community members and youth on a wide-range of topics.
- Technical assistance to help organizations, clinics and schools who want to assess their LGBTQA environment and programs.
- Resources and referrals for youth, families and professionals.
Trainings can include:
- Bullying prevention and intervention
- Prevention and intervention: Physical, Emotional and Sexual Abuse of Youth
- LGBTQA Youth: From Self Reflection to Action
- LGBTQA 101: Terms, facts and experiential learning
- Gender sexuality and LGBTQA youth
- Creating safe and welcoming environments for LGBTQA people & families
- How to start a support group and/or GSA (Gender and Sexuality Alliance)
- Media Literacy
- Violence and images of women in the media
Because every family matters, and every young person too! Everyone deserves to grow up in a family and community where they are loved and nurtured to become healthy, successful adults. Gender identity and sexual orientation never make someone a target for violence.